5 Ways to Instantly Look Slimmer
by Ebony Clark-Bomani
Autumn is right around the corner and that means enjoying football season, jackets, boots, and spicy aromas. We get into our comfort zones---eating comfort food and spending more time cuddled up indoors. That could mean less physical activity! Well, here are five (of many) wardrobe game changers that can make you look instantly slimmer:
1. Tailored blazer. The structure of a tailored blazer, with a well-defined waist and a hemline that falls right around the highest part of the hips, create clean lines and cinch in the waist for a suddenly slimmer appearance.
2. Nude Heels. Invest in a great pair of nude heels. Skin-tone heels create the illusion of longer, leaner legs and work with virtually all colors and every outfit combo...especially dresses!
3. Pencil Skirt. Every woman needs at least one knee-length pencil skirt that skims over her "assets" (without being overly clingy). Black, especially, creates an even slimmer silhouette.
4. V-Neck. Choose necklines that draw the eyes downward and show off your cleavage. V-necks create the illusion of vertical lines, which elongate and trim the body.
5. High-Waisted Trousers. Try high-waisted pants. They are instantly slenderizing. This particular style immediately cinches in the waist and adds length to the legs.
Know what works well for your body type and do your best to accentuate your best features. Remember to always have fun with fashion and wear clothes that make you feel your best! When you look great, you feel great and it radiates on the outside. :-)