Flat Twist Out on Natural Hair
By Sumetra Reed
Two things I've come to accept since going back to natural is that (1) a natural head of hair can consists of several different curl types, patterns & textures; (2) wash & goes aren't for everyone.
With those two facts being applicable to my hair situation, I had to come up with a way to easily get the look of big hair with a pretty consistent curl/wave pattern. Which is why my go to style is the flat twist out! I've been doing it for years and I love seeing more and more naturals using this styling technique.
There are a few benefits with using this styling technique:
1. You get a more consistent curl/wave.
2. Little to no additional separation is needed after take down.
3. It's a way to get a ton of volume and definition even on day 1 hair.
4. It looks even better the older it gets. (I normally get 7 days wear out of my flat twist outs.)
5. The hair looks more elongated and stretched without having to do additional banding or pinning.
Have you ever rocked a flat twist out?