Sumetra's Top 5 Hair & Beauty Products for the Summer
By Sumetra Reed
Summer is officially here! There are few goodies that I stocked up on that I just had to have in order to be summer ready. These are a few things that I just have to keep on hand really throughout the year but especially during the summer.
1. Bright nail polishes. I love having fun colors for my nails during the summer. Pinks, greens, purples...I gotta have them. I almost feel like a nail polish hoarder. (Side Note: I LOVE NYC - New York Minute polishes. I stay in Target stocking up on those. Beautiful colors and they dry super quick.)
2. All things Cantu. Ok, this isn't breaking news, I love Cantu products. I think it's important to keep my hair moisturized and Cantu products help me to achieve that. Not to mention all of their products are SO affordable.
3. Smash Box Face Primer. I have very oily skin and the heat does not help at all. Smash Box has a ton of primers but one thing I love is that this product helps to prevent oily skin and helps my foundation last longer. That's a must have in this Texas heat.
4. Hair Therapy Wrap. Yep it's hot outside and even with all the heat, my deep conditioning treatments are a must in order to maintain my healthy hair. This tool is super easy to use and since it's cordless, I'm free to roam around the house to take care of other things while deep conditioning my hair with this heat pack.
5. Perm Rods. I collect them. Like seriously. I have all colors and sizes. Perm rods are great for taking my styles to the next level when I'm looking to add more curl. I use them for twist outs, braid outs, flat twist outs and/or roller sets. I love all the different sizes because I can do the exact same style and get a completely different look just by changing up the size of my perm rods. AND they're inexpensive & easy to use.