Jessica Simien - Natural Hair Journey story + pics
Products I’ve Used (all the ones I can remember LOL):
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• Black Castor Oil (hate the smell so I don’t use it often)
• Coconut Oil
• Aloe Vera Oil
• Miss Jessie’s Curly Pudding (hated it and gave it away)
• Cholesterol + Tea Tree Conditioner (can’t remember the brand but I think this is what made my hair grow so quickly in the beginning)
• Cantu Moisturizing Cream Shampoo (used for the first two years of my journey and then it started making my hair really dry and brittle all of a sudden)
• Cantu Leave-In Conditioner
• Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie (I get the BEST twist-outs with this)
• Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner
• Cream of Nature Argan Oil Shampoo
• Cream of Nature Argan Oil Leave-In Conditioner Spray (smells good but my hair frizzes really bad with this)
• Raw Shea Butter (makes my hair baby soft – I love it!)
• Curls Passionfruit Control Paste
• EcoStyler Gel
• Suave Moroccan Oil Conditoner (BEST CONDITIONER EVER!!!)
• IC Fantasia Heat Protecting Serum/Spray
My Hair Facts
• I co-wash my hair once every week. I hardly ever use shampoo.
• I don’t style my hair while it’s wet.
• I blow dry my hair before I do my twist outs.
• I don’t straighten my hair at all; I’ve done it twice in the last three years.
• I don’t know my “official” hair texture, but it’s more wavy than curly.
• I love using flexi rods and perm rods but I’ve also used paper to curl my hair as well.
Web: www.JessicaSimien.com or www.TheJessicaDiaries.com
Twitter: @jessicasimien (www.Twitter.com/jessicasimien)
Instagram: @jessicasimien (www.Instagram.com/jessicasimien)